Welcome Larsen Family to Favorite L Recipes. I hope you will contribute and also try recipes posted to this blog. Meri Schumacher suggested I do this and I think it's a wonderful idea. I would love to try YOUR recipes and hope you try others. Each month we will be posting recipes from a different category. The first one I selected was cake recipes. Dig into your recipes and let's make this a fun thing. Any suggestions would be great. Email me at Susan @larsenfamily.com with comments. Love you all!

Friday, April 30, 2010

This is another recipe I got from the lady at Red Mt. Spa
These two are pretty rich, but I have others I will post also!
MISSISSIPPI MUD CAKE
4 eggs
2 Cups sugar
2 sticks oleo, melted
1 1/2 Cups four
1/3 Cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup coconut
1/2 Cup chopped pecans
1 Jar Marshmallow cream
Beat eggs and sugar together until thick and lemon colored
Combine melted oleo, flour, cocoa, vanilla, salt, coconut and
nuts: mix well. Add to egg-sugar mixture.
Bake in greased and floured 9x13 pan for 30 minutes at 350
degrees. When you remove from oven, immediately spread a
jar of marshmallow cream over top and let it set a little.
While still warm put frosting on.
FROSTING
1 stick melted oleo
1/3 Cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 Tablespoons milk
1 box powdered sugar
1-2 Cups chopped nuts
Melt oleo: remove from heat and add all other ingredients
except nuts. Beat well, add nuts. Spread gently over marshmallow
cream, letting it swirl through the marshmallow cream.

Posted by Susan April 30, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment