Welcome Larsen Family to Favorite L Recipes. I hope you will contribute and also try recipes posted to this blog. Meri Schumacher suggested I do this and I think it's a wonderful idea. I would love to try YOUR recipes and hope you try others. Each month we will be posting recipes from a different category. The first one I selected was cake recipes. Dig into your recipes and let's make this a fun thing. Any suggestions would be great. Email me at Susan @larsenfamily.com with comments. Love you all!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ground Raisin Cake
Marilyn Larsen Nelson's favorite cake

1 square margarine or butter (for baking)
1 cup sugar
Cream together
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 cup ground raisins (or as desired)
Walnuts as desired
Mix all together. Makes two small loaves or one 9x14 pan.
Bake at 350 degrees until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Start checking about 30 minutes.

Submitted by Diane Nelson Graham for Marilyn Nelson

1 comment: