Welcome Larsen Family to Favorite L Recipes. I hope you will contribute and also try recipes posted to this blog. Meri Schumacher suggested I do this and I think it's a wonderful idea. I would love to try YOUR recipes and hope you try others. Each month we will be posting recipes from a different category. The first one I selected was cake recipes. Dig into your recipes and let's make this a fun thing. Any suggestions would be great. Email me at Susan @larsenfamily.com with comments. Love you all!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Boiled Raisin Cake
Etta Johansen Larsen

1 lb raisins
2 cups sugar
6 tsp cocoa
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp soda in 3 cups strong coffee

Boil all together slowly for 20 minutes. Cool and add 2 eggs, 3 cups flour, 1 tsp soda, pinch salt and 1 1/2 cup nuts. Bake 40 minutes in moderate 350 degree oven.

Submitted by Diane Nelson Graham
Etta is Aldeva's sister. Mom said this was probably her Grandma Johansen's recipe also.

No comments:

Post a Comment