Welcome Larsen Family to Favorite L Recipes. I hope you will contribute and also try recipes posted to this blog. Meri Schumacher suggested I do this and I think it's a wonderful idea. I would love to try YOUR recipes and hope you try others. Each month we will be posting recipes from a different category. The first one I selected was cake recipes. Dig into your recipes and let's make this a fun thing. Any suggestions would be great. Email me at Susan @larsenfamily.com with comments. Love you all!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Coconut Pumpkin Loaves
3 Loaves

I got this recipe from a lady I work with. It is wonderful!

5 eggs
2 cups pumpkin
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups veg oil
3 cups flour
2 pkg (3-4 oz) instant coconut pudding mix
3 tsp cinnamon
t tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup chopped pecans

In a large bowl, beat eggs and pumpkin til smooth. Add sugar and oil. Mix well. Combine flour, pudding mixes, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg. Add to the pumpkin mixture. Stir in nuts. Transfer into 3 greased and floured 8x4x2 loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap and freeze for up to 6 months.
Submitted by Diane Graham

1 comment:

  1. I am really excited about this recipe. It sounds so good. Thanks Diane!

    ReplyDelete