Welcome Larsen Family to Favorite L Recipes. I hope you will contribute and also try recipes posted to this blog. Meri Schumacher suggested I do this and I think it's a wonderful idea. I would love to try YOUR recipes and hope you try others. Each month we will be posting recipes from a different category. The first one I selected was cake recipes. Dig into your recipes and let's make this a fun thing. Any suggestions would be great. Email me at Susan @larsenfamily.com with comments. Love you all!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

CARROT PINEAPPLE CAKE

Sift together into large bowl -
3 Cups sifted all purpose flour
2 Cups sugar
2 Teaspoons baking powder
2 Teaspoons soda
2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 Teaspoon salt
Add -
1 1/3 Cups salad oil
4 eggs
2 Cups finely shredded carrots
1 Cup crushed pineapple (with syrup)
2 Teaspoons vanilla
Mix til moistened, beat 2 minutes at medium speed with
electric mixer. Bake in greased and lightly floured pan in moderate
oven 350 degrees about 35 minutes or until done.
FROSTING
6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
2 Tablespoons butter (softened)
2 Teaspoons vanilla
4 Cups sifted confectioners sugar
1/2 or 1 Cup pecans (optional)

( I have made this for years and realize you all have a carrot cake recipe, but thought it would be good to have it posted on here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment